It's somewhat exhausting to think about everything I need to do this summer. But maybe laying it out, here in a public space, will help me get all the to-dos out of my head, where they've been swirling around.
1. Book proposal: get it done, send it out.
2. Maybe an article manuscript in response to a CFP I saw. If not that, then definitely a good draft of a Program Profile for Composition Forum, something my department chair has encouraged me to write.
3. Review a manuscript for a journal.
4. Review a book.
1. Prepare for first-year writing course I'm teaching in the fall. We are in the planning stages of making some possible changes to the first-year writing curriculum here, and some of us will be class-testing new books this fall. I'm class-testing They Say, I Say with a 102 class.
2. Continue to read and respond to chapters by the authors of the two dissertations and one master's thesis I'm directing.
1. Clean out dining room closets. Yes, it's wacky to have closets in the dining room, but you get used to it.
2. Acquire and/or create, frame, and hang up some good art for our walls.
3. Clean out/organize closet in guest bedroom.
1. Take one-day pediatric CPR/first aid class.
2. Update CV.
3. Read at least two novels. I'm thinking one of these will be by Philip K. Dick.