Ten things I did today
I'm taking Laura's cue and listing ten things I did today. You will quickly see that my day didn't turn out as planned:
1. Did a bit of administrative work (retrieving and filing articles) for a research project I'm working on. Wrote some other work-related emails.
2. Got a massage.
3. Grabbed tacos at a little taco shack for lunch for Jonathan and me.
4. Upon getting home, realized that Henry was burning up. Took temperature: 102.7. Freaked out.
5. Called pediatrician, who of course was already gone for the day.
6. Gave Tylenol to Henry per nurse's suggestion to just watch him and give him Tylenol/Motrin to keep fever down.
7. Took Henry to urgent care anyway; nurse checked temp, 103.
8. Gave Henry a huge dose of Motrin as the doctor directed.
9. Sat in a hot car worried sick about my baby in the rear-facing car seat in traffic for a solid hour before getting to the pharmacy for antibiotics.
10. Took Henry's temperature several more times; it has returned to normal now.
It's going to be a long night...